||All rights reserved. © Hydroforming.net by
Boerries Burkhardt .
The Challenge to
Revolutionize Sheet Metal Forming with the Fluid
The fluid forming process forms a sheet
metal blank by the use uniform
hydraulic counter pressure. The draw punch
slides into a pressurized water chamber which
also functions as a female die so that a sheet
metal is effectively wrapped around the punch to
form the desired shape.
For optimal forming conditions the blank
material, size are first determined.
Then the necessary counter pressure versus draw
stroke and blank holder force are calculated and
EXCELLENT FEATURES IN FORMING
- Increase the accuracy in size of products.
- Eliminate scratches on the show surface
- Greater uniformity of wall thickness and
less localized thinning.
- Suitable far the forming of complicated
- Reduction of forming processes.
- Tooling cost savings.
- Utilization of lower grade materials
in the tool.
- Suitable for small lot production.
Published with permission of Amino, Inc. Japan
last update: 2001-05-17 22:18
Copyright © 1998-2001 Hydroforming.net by
Hydroforming.net is not responsible for the correctness of this
All rights reserved.